I must share this. It is a great jokes but have some advice in it. Hope you enjoy reading it.
P/s A great father indeed.
Source : Facebook group
A drug awareness advertisement that really funny. I think the advertisement create by Indonesian but the message in the advertisement is global. Enjoy the advertisement.
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 25 – Two Sabahans are taking the Home Ministry to court for confiscating 2,000 copies of a Catholic paper at Kota Kinabalu last October, adding to a growing series of legal battles among Malaysia’s Christian minority for the right to practise their faith freely.
Activist Daniel John Jambun and lawyer Marcel Jude Joseph, who are both Roman Catholics, filed an application for leave at the Kota Kinabalu High Court yesterday for a judicial review against the Home Ministry’s seizure of a shipment of the Herald at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport on October 25 last year.
“We don’t want this to happen again in future,” Jambun told The Malay Mail Online when contacted today.
The Home Ministry subsequently released the consignment on October 27, Jambun said, but added that the issue was still pertinent due to the arbitrary action by the authorities that prevented the paper’s subscribers from receiving their copies on time.
“The order to seizure has not been revoked. On the record, the order of the executive must be declared null and void.
“The authorities cannot be allowed to act with impunity in defiance of the constitution, the Malaysia Agreement 1963 and related constitutional documents,” said Jambun, who is the head of a non-governmental organisation, Borneo’s Plight in Malaysia Foundation (BOPIM).
According to court documents made available to The Malay Mail Online, Jambun and Marcel are seeking a declaration that the Home Ministry’s order to seize the Catholic paper was unconstitutional and that it contravened the 10-point solution issued by Putrajaya in 2011.
The 10-point solution was introduced by the Najib administration shortly before the Sarawak state election in 2011 to resolve the seizure of a consignment of the Al-Kitab.
It allows for bibles in Malay and indigenous languages to be printed, imported and distributed freely in Sabah and Sarawak, and in a controlled manner in the Malay peninsula, whereby the holy books must be stamped first to indicate that they are a Christian publication.
Jambun, who is the former deputy chairman of State Reform Party (STAR) Sabah, and Marcel are also seeking a court order to override the Home Ministry’s directive to confiscate the Herald, as well as costs and damages.
Jambun, a parishioner of the Church of St Catherine in Inanam, further said he was unable to buy a copy of the Herald when he attended Sunday Mass on the morning of October 27.
“… this action of the respondent contravenes my right of religious freedom guaranteed by Article 11(1) of the Federal Constitution,” Jambun wrote in his affidavit.
The hearing for Jambun’s and Marcel’s joint application is scheduled for a hearing on February 10 at the Kota Kinabalu High Court.
The Home Ministry said on October 28 that copies of the Herald were seized for inspection to check if the word “Allah” was printed, noting that the Court of Appeal had upheld the government ban on the Arabic word in the Catholic weekly.
The Catholic Church is appealing to the Federal Court to be allowed to print the word “Allah” in its weekly paper, after the Court of Appeal reversed last October a 2009 landmark High Court ruling that the Arabic word for God was not exclusive to Muslims.
Malaysia’s highest court will hear arguments on March 5 before deciding if the Church can appeal.
In addition to the Herald, two other cases concerning the use of “Allah” by Christians are pending at the High Court.
The first was filed by the Sabah Sidang Injil Borneo (Borneo Evangelical Church) against the Home Ministry, for confiscating its Malay-language Christian children’s books, which contain the word “Allah”, in 2007.
The other is over the 2008 government seizure of audio compact discs, which also contain the word “Allah”, that belong to Jill Ireland Lawrence Bill, a Sarawakian Christian.
P/s I hope this issue will finally be resolved. Government should proactive to settle this problem once and for all. The unity of Malaysian can be jeopardized if no concrete action be taken. There are many people waiting to take a chance to destroy Malaysian unity.
KOTA KINABALU: Electricity consumers in Sabah will face the full brunt of the new tariff that came into effect on Jan 1 this month as Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd ruled out giving a ‘discount or rebate’ following the Jan 16 state-wide blackout.
The company’s managing director Abdul Razak Sallim said that they could not give rebate, as SESB was also a victim of the blackout that triggered by a sudden shutdown of generators at a independent power producer at Teluk Salut in Sepanggar here.
”SESB is also a victim of circumstances. In fact, the revenue we get now is not enough for us to operate. So there is no way that we can give discounts,’’ he said when asked if the utility company would give a discount in their January bills.
Over 500,000 consumers were affected by the nearly eight hour blackout with many, including political parties, calling on SESB to provide a rebate as compensation for the blackout after the new electricity tariff rates came into effect from Jan 1.
Razak said that that in initial findings for the failure of the Sabah power grid was triggered by a “manual shutdown” of four engines at an IPP in Sepangar here.
Quoting a letter from the IPP, Razak said the IPP had said; its “diverter damper” door, which covers the gas connection from the turbines to power up a steam turbine at the plant, could not be shut.
As smoke was continuously coming out of the plant, they decided to shut down the gas turbines.
However, Razak said that detailed investigations were still underway by a special task force, including the Energy Commission to determine if human error or technical problems triggered the problem.
Energy Commssion west coast areas director Nazlin Ab Alim Sidiri said that the detailed report of the incident would be forwarded to the Energy, Green Technology and Water Ministry to decide whether to launch further indepth investigations.
”The IPPs and SESB have been licensed to transmit power to consumers. If we find out any potential for either of them to have saved and restored the power but still failed to do so, their licence could be revoked,’’ she said.
Source : Thestar.com.my
P/s : In my opinion the IPP should take responsibility on the blackout.
Keesokan harinya Paken datang semula ke gerai makcik kuih tersebut…
Paken : Makcik, harga cucur udang ni sama macam semalam RM 0.20 sebiji ka?
Makcik : Tidaklah… ni ari murah ckit pasal makcik rasa bersalah sama ko pa…sal semalam…
Paken : ya ka… berapalah kunu harga dia?
Makcik : RM 0.10 sebiji…
Paken : Murah ooo makcik… bagi saya harga seringgitlah…
Makcik : buli ba…
Setelah membayar harga kuih tersebut Paken bertanya semula
Paken : makcik, kenapa ni ari makcik bagi murah sepusin sebiji..
Makcik : oh.. sa bagi murah pasal tu kuih nda abis smalam..jadi ni ari sa jual murah supaya nda rugi…
Paken dengan tensionnya berlalu pergi dan terus masuk ke keretanya sambil memaki hamun…
Makcik tu dengan tenangnya berkata, ” ko ingat ada barang murah lagi ka skarang… suma naik harga la..”
P/s – tanya semasak-masaknya sebelum membeli… ihihii
Suatu petang di pasar kuih….
Paken telah memberhentikan kereta beliau di simpang jalan utk membeli kuih.. dan menanyakan harga2 kuih tersebut…
Paken : Berapa harga cucur udang ni, makcik?
Makcik : Kira lamsam….seringgit tiga lah……
Paken : Murah ooo, makcik….bagi saya harga seringgit lah…
Makcik : Bulih bah kalo ko…….
Paken : Kalo saya ambik satu ja cucur udang ni, berapalah makcik?
Makcik : Satu 20 sen..
Paken pun terus “chow” dgn muka berangin… dan terus membawa kereta VIVA nya lalu melemparkan kata2 kesat pada makcik tu…makcik tu sambil menggoreng hanya mampu membalas dgn mengangkat jari hantunya pada si Paken…… (..!..)